Image Map

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Small Goals: January 2017

Wow, can you believe it's 2017!?!? Crazy. I'm linking up with Jennifer over at The Yellow Brick Road blog to share my small goals for the month of January. I hope you'll join me in thinking ahead and setting some small, manageable goals to get excited about the month (and year!) ahead. Head on over to the link-up (click on the picture below) to see what Jennifer and other bloggers are up to- you're sure to find some inspiration to get you going!


Here are my goals for the month ahead!

1. Clean up my house

I had big plans to do lots of cleaning and purging over winter break. I accomplished some of that but not most. Between Christmas, my daughters' birthday, and stomach viruses my house is in desperate need of a good clean. I'm not going to say my house will be magazine-worthy by the end of the month, but I'd like to make sure I spend a little time each weekend cleaning up this month so I can at least restore some order. The clutter is stressing me out.

2. Find some great repertoire for my choral groups

I won't lie, my winter concert with my choirs was pretty awesome. Now I'm struggling to find just the right songs to keep that momentum going in the spring. I usually focus on songs from non-Western cultures in the spring and I always include at least one "pop song" for my 5th and 6th graders, focusing on songs that allow them to work on parallel harmony and solo work. If anybody has some great suggestions, I'm all ears! My kids respond best to pop songs performed by artists of color, so I'd love some suggestions on something in that category that's also clean (without me having to do any cleaning myself).

3. Make significant progress on my 2017-2018 planners

I've got the ideas in my head of improvements I want to make for next school year's planners, and now I need to actually make them so they're ready to be released in the spring! This is a mammoth project every year (but one that I enjoy), so I need to keep plugging away to get them ready in time. Woohoo!! New planners make me giddy ;)

That's it for my January goals! What are you hoping to accomplish this month? Anybody have some suggestions for my choir music? Leave me a comment- I love hearing from you!

Want more? Click here to sign up for the Organized Chaos newsletter and get ideas and resources for school and home sent straight to your inbox!

2 comments :

  1. My husband and I have a cleaning day every week (Saturday), and I'm always amazed by the dirt that accumulates with only the two of us. Thankfully we got a new sweeper for Christmas, so the sweeping is actually fun (for now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a stick vacuum for Christmas which has helped a LOT!

      Delete