Image Map

Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Favorites 2017

We made it through March! I say this every year, but March is one of those months that I love and hate at the same time- so many wonderful things happening but there are SO MANY THINGS! Haha. I'm going to be sharing my favorites this month with some of my photos from Instagram- I hope you find some new things to love and I'd love to hear your favorites in the comments below!


1. Music In Our Schools Month





I have to start my March favorites with Music In Our Schools Month! I brought back my annual Rhythm Battle and Disco Duel events, but both of them got facelifts this year and I loved it! I also added a new idea this year with my Song Suggestion Box, where teachers, students, and parents were invited to request their favorite songs to be played over the morning announcements each day in March- everyone loved it and I'll definitely be keeping it for next year! Read all about what I do to celebrate MIOSM in this blog post.

2. IKEA plush food



My daughters and I stopped in at IKEA a couple of weeks ago and picked up these plush food sets- what a perfect toy for snow day fun! Each of the girls made their own cooking show creating some pretty *cough* interesting concoctions. And fun bonus: these are great for school too! There are tons of fun songs, especially for kindergarten, that these would make great props for (think John the Rabbit)- and they even inspired Jennifer from SingToKids to make this cute singing game called All the Little Rabbits! Seriously, these things are so cute and perfect for spring (and they're cheap too!).

3. #31daysofrhythm



What an amazing collaboration. I joined up with over 20 other music education bloggers to share a new rhythm teaching tip each day this month, and it was amazing! To see all of the blog posts that were shared this month, head over to the Music Ed Blogs Community page on Facebook. We're also putting together a MASSIVE rhythm teaching resource including all of the posts from this event plus tons more resources, so be sure to stay tuned by following the Music Ed Blogs website. Seriously.

4. Blog Posts

Every Friday is Fermata Fridays on my Facebook and Pinterest pages- I "hold on" to a great blog post I find from all over the internet! Make sure to follow me so you don't miss my features each week- here are the ones I shared this past month (click the photo to visit the posts- trust me, you won't be disappointed!):







So much to love this month! :) I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the things that brought joy to my life this month- now it's your turn! What did you love this month? Favorite new food? New lesson idea? A fun moment with your family? Let's hear it in the comments! :)

Want to stay in touch? Come join the family! Sign up here for the Organized Chaos Newsletter.

No comments :

Post a Comment